Notice and Takedown Policy
At Usenetdeal, we support our subscribers’ freedom of expression. However, we also recognize that the Internet can be used for illegal purposes and can harm others. As a service provider, we can only remove content that is deemed offensive, abusive, or infringing on copyright. Due to the vast size of Usenet as a platform, it is not feasible to act preemptively on such content.
To maintain the quality and transparency of our services, we have developed a Notice & Takedown procedure for handling reports of offensive or abusive content and copyright infringement. By outlining this procedure, we aim to minimize abuse of the Notice & Takedown process.
The Notice & Takedown procedure is based on the NTD-behavioural code. For more information, visit: https://ecp.nl/publicatie/ntd-gedragscode-nl/
Reports of copyright infringement or offensive content can be filed by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The report should contain the following information:
- A clear identification of the copyrighted work that has been infringed
- A clear identification of the material you claim is infringing on the copyrighted work and sufficient information to locate it on our website
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
- Your contact information, including an email address and telephone number
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner
- To ensure that we can process a report correctly, please include all message-ids of the offensive article. In the case of a multipart-binary, all message-ids and their connection are required for our investigation.
It is important to note that making a false claim of copyright infringement may result in liability for damages. We may terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly misidentify copyrighted material.
Reports must be filled in fully, correctly, and accurately. The report must clearly state how the allegedly illegal content is offensive, abusive, or infringing on copyright.
If the content pertains to copyright infringement, it must specify which work is in question.
When Usenetdeal receives a correct report that accurately identifies the offensive, abusive, or copyright infringing content, we will process it promptly.